|Anime||Episode 05 - To Find What I've Lost|
Takuya Kamikita (神北 拓也, Kamikita Takuya) is the older brother of Komari.
- Due to poor health, Takuya lived in a hospital close to his home where his younger sister, Komari Kamikita, would visit him as a small child. It is unknown what illness he suffered from, but it was presumably serious as he was confined to staying within the hospital. Within the animation adaptation, Takuya is portrayed as physically frail, unable to chase Komari around the hospital rooftop.
- However, despite his terminal illness, Takuya was shown to be a kind boy who cared deeply for his younger sister. He enjoyed sharing stories with Komari, who relished her time with him, although she became upset upon hearing the ending of "The Little Match Girl". Wishing to see his younger sister smile but aware of his numbered days, Takuya wrote and illustrated a picture book about a chicken who forgot that it was once an egg. It is suggested that he hoped that this story would help her prepare for his inevitable passing.
- The night before he died, he told Komari that she might not be able to see him when she woke up in the morning, but that she did not have to mourn for him, because it would be a dream. He hoped that by telling her this, she would not grieve too much over his passing, and that she would retain her smile. When Komari awoke and saw her brother's lifeless body, she likewise believed that it was only a dream, coming to forget his existence in a cycle in which she would gradually come to remember and grieve over what happened to Takuya, before forgetting again.
- Komari Kamikita - Takuya's beloved little sister and a member of the Little Busters. After the death of her brother, Komari thought that having a brother was all just a dream. But she came to understand that she really had a brother and accepted his death.
- The name Takuya means "eminent one".
- In the visual novel, it was shown that there was more blood on both Komari and Takuya's face when Takuya died, but in the anime adaptation, the blood was only spilled on Komari's face.
- "Listen, Komari. When you wake up, I might not be here. But there isn't anything to be sad about. It'll all be a dream. So...goodnight." (Episode 05)
References and CitationsEdit
Komari Kamikita • Haruka Saigusa • Yuiko Kurugaya • Kudryavka Noumi • Mio Nishizono • Kanata Futaki • Saya Tokido • Sasami Sasasegawa