|“||...If the classes are going together, it'll be great!||”|
|Size||81 / 59 / 82|
|Position||Eight Little Busters Member|
Maintenance Committee Member
|Visual Novel||Little Busters!|
|Anime||Episode 03 - I Like Cute Things|
Haruka Saigusa (三枝 葉留佳, Saigusa Haruka) is a main character and the eighth member of the Little Busters.
- Haruka is a girl with magenta hair like Kanata, and dark blue eyes. She has her hair tied in two ponytails and has two clips in her at her forehead to differ her appearance from her sister. Her school uniform is the same as the other girls with the exception that she uses striped stockings.
- Haruka is a schoolmate of Riki from a different class, but despite this, always seems to find time to hang around in Riki's classroom. She gets curious of situations and thinks problems will get worse and one will start an uproar for its personal enjoyment, but her twin sister, the public morals chairman Kanata Futaki, often chases after one of her sweet treats. This caused Mimi to come over and slap her butt with a belt. Haruka uses marbles as a weapon to distract the public morals committee from chasing her sweet treats, and when Riki is with her, someone will drag Riki away, explaining that a sweet treat being hunted down by the public morals committee means big trouble which made Mimi mad, and when she is furious, she snaps which causes a catastrophe.
- The truth is, one of Haruka's sweet treats, Peppermint, was abused by her family (not her parents, who were kept away from her and Kanata), while Kanata was seemingly treated very well, though truthfully she was not. Another one of her sweet treats, Lolli, thus starts trouble the most to bother her sister and shame her family name. Haruka works part-time in the school's cafeteria to get permission to use the oven to bake muffins and cakes.
- Despite having the same voice actor, Haruka's voice sounds different in the visual novel and the anime adaptation.
- She likes to refer to herself as "Haruchin".
- Haruka seems to have a talent in Math, as she is seen in a Math show in Kud Wafter.
- Her striped colors on her stockings are bigger in the anime adaptation than in the visual novel.
- She is left-handed.
- Haruka means "far away". The names of the siblings together, Haruka Kanata, means "(really) far away"; "Haruka Kanata" is also the name of one of the vocal songs in the visual novel.
- Given the events in her past, it can be assumed Haruka is an atheist. There's no definite proof or disproof of that in the visual novel, though.
- "You don't keep pudding in your desk! You keep printouts! Keep your idiom dictionary in the refrigerator!" (Episode 03)
- "He was sleeping so peacefully, his face was begging for me to draw on it!" (Episode 04)
- "Time for the Haruchin festival!" (Episode 16)
- "For instance..."Cleaning! Cleaning!" - oh, I tripped - 'and then, the lockers crash down! The clubroom collapses! Run! It turns out that this room was 'built on the point where all the world's dragon pulses come together! Diastrophism! The seven continents are being torn apart! What?! '... Finally, a pole shift results in a Grand Cross! RumblerumblerumblekaBOOM! ...And that is how cleaning bears the potential for world destruction." (Episode 21)
- "I was wrong. I just wanted to know if there are evil people in the world. It's no one's fault. I don't need to hate anybody. I know that now. So I don't need to know whose kid I am. I can love myself. That's all I really wanted to know. I wanted to believe it more than anything. That no one was evil in the world."
- "You know, if it weren't for you, I'm sure I'd still be convinced that this world was full of evil. My hatred probably would've crushed me. But you tried your hardest, facing my problems head-on...I've seen you turn everybody's expressions into smiles. And now, I can have faith that...if people care for one another, this world is overflowing with light. Thank you, Riki-kun. Haruchin will always, always be rooting for you." (Episode 26)
- "Don't wish for single luck, wish for double luck." (pop'n music 19 TUNE STREET Movie: Random Acts of 2 Teams, and 1 Scenario)
References and CitationsEdit
Komari Kamikita • Haruka Saigusa • Yuiko Kurugaya • Kudryavka Noumi • Mio Nishizono • Kanata Futaki • Saya Tokido • Sasami Sasasegawa